Physics takes Flight
Drones take flight with STEAM
Drones take STEM to the next level, literally! Cutting edge computer technology makes self-flying vehicles possible, and what they can do is simply amazing. Start with basic physics ideas, add in programming concepts, a bit of math, and create a drone ballet in the air. This program is more than just a drone show, it’s a STEM/STEAM show! Interactive inquiry-driven science and engineering will excite volunteers, and your whole audience!
Concepts Explored in Drone Science
- Newton’s laws – Propulsion, equal and opposite reactions, energy?
- Torque – Spin at the right times, not the wrong ones
- Fluids – How does air hold stuff up?
- Automation – Powerful lightweight computers make drones possible
- Feedback – Drones rely on fast sensors to react quickly
- Programming – Instruct drones do simple, and amazing things, all automatically
- Math – Program drones using coordinates and formulas
Drone Science is currently on tour and accepting new bookings for the 2019/2020 school year with the Bureau of Lectures and Performing Artists. Please contact them for availability and pricing at assemblyline.com.
Drones is great for audiences of 30-500, and can be presented in most spaces which can comfortably accommodate your group size. We only require electricity, a table, and lots of student curiosity!
Next Generation Science Standards
All of our school assemblies align to the Next Generation Science Standards. Robotics primarily explores electricity, sensing, programming, and much more.