Summer Theme: Libraries Rock
Use science to make learning come to life for your readers! From trash-cans launched 50 feet into the air, to music set on fire, we have amazing programs that will entertain and educate your readers. We’ll send skateboards into the air and draw with light to make your library events memorable! We are available for shows throughout the year, and we can incorporate a theme of your choice or use one of our own.
To celebrate the 2018 Summer Reading Theme, “Libraries Rock”, we’re highlighting shows this summer which focus on DOING MORE with what we have so we can BE MORE for ourselves and our world.
Call or email us for availability and bookings, and have a fantastic year!
After a good workout chill out with your fellow readers as Wondergy presents CoolScience. See objects freeze in an instant, or heat up liquid nitrogen until it explodes from it’s container! We’ll even make balloons shrink and grow back to their original size, all while exploring the science behind it all. For our finale we’ll bring together fresh cream, milk, sugar, and flavorings to make the freshest ice cream you’ve ever had!
- Great for audiences of less than 100
- Minimal space requirements (Only needs an outlet and table)
- Explore the science of molecules and heat and, of course, Ice Cream
Want a preview of what we do during CoolScience? Check us out:
Want to dance with a robot? Want to see a robot do push-ups and play soccer? We’ve got you covered. Get your game on this summer with RobotScience. Some robots balance on two wheels, some walk on two legs, and if you have the space for it, some can even fly and dance! This interactive program explores the basic concepts of sensing, moving, and programming. Discover how we, and machines, interact with the world during play and exercise.
- Great for up to 100 children and/or teens.
- Requires only a table, an outlet, and curious minds!
- For a more hands-on experience, let’s make Squishy Sensor Circuits–best for groups of up to 30 volunteers.
For a HUGE interactive show, skateboarders join our scientists for SkateScience. Explore the science behind awesome skateboarding flips, jumps, and tricks. Our first stop is exploring the science behind sport safety – by lying on a bed of nails! From there, the sky is literally the limit. We may levitate a volunteer or leap over a librarian!
- Fantastic for audiences of 300-400.
- The SkateScience show requires a large, flat area. Parking lots and school gyms work well
- See amazing skateboarding tricks, and learn about the physics that make them work!
LaserScience starts with a single point of light, and quickly develops into a fully animated professional laser show. Your readers will learn why a laser show works and how our eyes make one point of light into the spectacle in front of them. Include your own logo, or slogan as well!
- Wonderful for audiences of 100-400.
- Some venues can accommodate more.
- The LaserScience show needs a tall, dark space. Pitch black works best.
- Any windows in your space must be covered.
- Smoke detectors need to be set to test, silent, disregard, or otherwise controlled during the show.
- Explore the science of light and our eyes and enjoy a professional laser show
SoundScience is an exploration of what sound is, and how sound makes music. See sound with our laser projection, and set music on fire with our Ruben’s Tube. We make sense of what sound is, and how it changes in pitch, and even put the audience’s contributions together to create a unique piece of music in every show!
- Excellent for audiences of 25-200
- Easy set up, only tables and outlets needed
- The audience makes unique music while learning about the physics of sound
Don’t just take our word for it: hear (and see) it for yourself!